Lobbying with Government
– an interface between the coatings industry and stakeholder bodies, which allows your input to improve the regulatory environment to encourage and support manufacturing;
Chemical Industry Education and Training Authority (CHIETA)
We offer assistance with development of your Workplace Skills Plan for training grants, BBBEE points for training and sponsorship.
- Access to designations, education and training skills programmes and qualifications
- Competition commission
- Correspondence from our affiliates to inform
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) including produce and verification letter from SAPMA to DAFF to prevent customs quarantine
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department of Labour
- Department of Trade and Industry
- International Trade Administration Commission of South Africa regarding tariffs and tariff classification to prevent dumping on the South Africa market and protect our manufacturing base
Communication to Members
Regular correspondence to inform you of latest developments, training, workshops and regulatory updates.
Free advice and membership certificate included in subscription fee.
Committees and groups
Allows your input on committees and focus groups e.g. Technical, Retail and Education committees
SAPMA has strategic alliances with various organisations, both local and international.
National statistics from STATS SA on the South African market and exports for decorative and industrial coatings by volume, value and average selling price.
Marketing: PR and trade press
Use of the SAPMA logo on your products and marketing/advertising material. Advertising opportunity in the quarterly Coatings S A magazine
Free subscription to Coatings S A magazine
Access to topical trade press releases
Trade and marketing advantages will be passed onto members i.e. build and construction app.
Conference, Networking and Events
- Quarterly Executive meetings open to members attendance
- Annual General Meeting
- Biennial Golf Day at Zwartkop Country Club, Lyttleton, Pretoria
- Biennial ‘Coatings for Africa’ International Trade Show, Johannesburg
- Annual Training Awards at year-end
- Active supporter of the strategy to develop a Professional Board for the Master Built Environment to introduce competent certification in the building industry (PBMBE) in line with the new Government Construction Regulation Codes.
- Discounted rates on training
- Discounted rates on attendance to “Coatings for Africa’ show
- Discounted rates on technical reference books and HAZ Chart
Download the SAPMA Benefits Document